[Cdt-l] A newspaper article

Karen Somers kborski at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 11:40:02 CST 2007

Wildcat did start in a big group on 6/15, but they started from East Glacier and hiked northbound to the border from there, because permits were already full for the normal direction.  Then, they started southward again from E Glacier once they reached the border.

  I was in a group of 9 starting at once from the Belly River drainage on 6/15.  We were the ones who took all the permits for that day!  It was surprising how many hikers were out there at once.

  Nocona

Sam Haraldson <samh at samh.net> wrote:
  > http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20071220/NEWS/32349914

In reading the article it says that Bert started in Glacier on June
15th. When I started my thru of the PNT on June 21st in Glacier this
summer I encountered a group of a dozen CDT thru hikers. I bet Bert
was one of them. Small world. Glad to see all is well (aside from
some frostbite anyway).

- Sam