[cdt-l] Another Rockies Ruck Reminder

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 19:25:32 CST 2007

Hi all! Another reminder for this low key get together in Leadville, CO (Feb 23rd - 25th)

(The backcountry.net link is no longer active)

Hope everyone is getting ready for the Ruck!

At this point, if you haven't already, you may want to consider

joining the Yahoo group if you are in "Read only" mode. This group is

how the central planning is going to take place!

The "schedule" is very loose, but here is the basic idea:

Friday evening: Meet, greet and eat! POD and Disco will be showing their SoBO CDT 2006 documentary!
You can see sneak preview clips at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ3Djx5g9k

Sat Morning: Breakfast.

Last year some of us went skiing and snowshoeing. I'd like to do the

same again this year. There is a place in town that rents winter toys.

Terry, myself and others also have snowshoes we plan on letting people

borrow.

Sat afternoon: Pot luck lunch. Bring enough food to share with three

other people. Usually not a problem with hikers. :) There is a Safeway

in town for those who would rather pick something up.

Sat Afternoon: Ms. 42, fresh off her WFR course (and AT thru-hike!)

has offered to do a workshop on first aid (her schedule permitting) How cool is that? Of course

the hostel is plenty big so there can multiple slideshows, talks and

just hanging out going on. Or go through your pack! Or more fun in the outdoors!

Or maybe a nap? :) http://snipurl.com/17ois

Really, it is a loose get together!

Sat night: Dinner...and more slides/talking/wine drinking (mmm..wine!)

Sun: Breakfast..."so long for now" and maybe another ski/snowshoe!

If you have idea, please post it.

Have a show? Bring it! There is a huge TV/DVD setup. Another TV/DVD

downstairs and plenty of space to spread out.

Have some gear you want us to check out? Want to have your pack

checked out? Bring it on by!

Suggestions are always helpful, too. Ken suggested nametags this year.

I think that works well.

Only about two weeks to go! Woo hoo!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com