[cdt-l] Blame it on the Tetons

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:14:26 CST 2007

Trey wrote:
>Has anyone detoured thru the Tetons on their CDT adventure?  I would like
>to work out a route using the Teton Crest Trail, etc., and then possibly
>bypassing silly, crowded Yellowstone >altogether if possible.  If anyone
>has done a contiguous route thru this area, I would appreciate >some input.
>  Thanks.

Pine Needle and Love Barge both did something like that last year.  Can't
vouch for contiguous though.  Seems to me like the route would entail lots
of roadwalking, although mostly dirt roads.

As Sly said, Goof did it in 2004 - and if memory serves his hike was
contiguous through there.  Check Trailjournals.com

OTOH - out of curiousity - why do you think Yellowstone is all that crowded?
  And why do you think the Tetons would be any less crowded?

One of our memories of Yellowstone (in 1999) was sitting on the porch at Old
Faithful eatling ice cream and watching all the monkeys (tourons) scurrying
around.  It was a zoo - and really, really funny.  When we left Old
Faithful, the only person we saw that day was a northbound thruhiker.  In
2006, we did a different route - and saw just one backpacker in 100 miles or
so.  And no zoo, except at the tourist centers.

It CAN be done with no real problem.  Just be sure you get the right maps.

Walk softly,
Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/