[cdt-l] What to do after the CDT?

Sam Haraldson samh at samh.net
Sun Feb 11 13:10:20 CST 2007

> The commonly hiked progression of AT, PCT to CDT
> leads the hiker to wanting the next trail that is a little
> longer and a little wilder with more "misplaced trail",
> more challenging cross country of the sunup to sundown
> version with barely double digits travelled

The Pacific Northwest Trail is a good one to consider.  http://pnt.org  More
of a route than a trail, not longer than the others, but more rugged, less
towns, trail and Forest Circus road and bushwhack walking.  There is a
definitive guidebook however.

In the interest of disclosure I should mention the longest trail I've hiked
to date is 213 miles so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

- sam_h