[cdt-l] What to do after the CDT?

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 17:47:40 CST 2007

>>This trail is 92% complete . . . only 66 of 800 miles
>>remain to be laid down.

The finalized corridor alignment might be 92% complete, but
this remains a combination of trail and road walking, (with
some interim x-c and bushwhacking) similar to the CDT
experience in New Mexico, but considerably more challenging,
due to the rougher nature of the terrain and the condition
of certain trail segments that the guidebook compels one to
follow.

"92% complete" sounds very seductive, but it just doesn't
tell the whole story.

http://www.aztrail.org/passages/at_passages.html

See the "Current Trail Information" box at the bottom of
each passage description for an idea of the challenges that
await prospective thru-hikers.

I realize "challenge" is a relative term around here,
especially for those intrigued by this particular thread!

- blisterfree, AZT '04

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net