[cdt-l] Difficulty of Routefinding

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 22 01:15:05 CST 2007

Having grown up in Southern Idaho I have heard of the Centennial Trail. This
is the first time I have seen maps.
Here are my thoughts on the route (of course I haven't hiked out there in 40
years). The trail starts in remote, hot desert areas and travels thru mostly
remote areas into one of the largest wilderness areas in the lower 48.
Bruneau, Glenns Ferry and Stanley are the only populated areas you'll be
near in the first half of the trail.

I am not too familiar with the areas in Northern idaho. But at least you
should see some people after you pull away from the Montana border. I will
try reading more on the trail route. It looks really remote in the south.
The Frank Church used to be "at the end of the earth".

Marcia's sister lives not far from Stanley and would love to have us hiking
in her neck of the woods.

See you out there next year. ;)

Ken