[cdt-l] Glacier detours...

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 15:49:24 CST 2007

Slyatpct at aol.com writes:

Is there  any unassigned back country camping in this area?  How's the
hitching  from the patrol cabin area near the Middlefork on Rt 2 to West Glacier?
Is the ford (18 in blue on the map) even doable this time of year?  How  deep
is it?  Yikes!

OK, not bites yet?

How about...  if the burn area campgrounds are closed (I'm assuming  the 2
Red Eagle Lake campgrounds), would it be possible to hike the 23 miles  along
the designated trail from the Deadman Falls campground to Atlantic  Creek?

One more...   right now the Going to the Sun Rd is only open 5  miles from St
Mary.  Can we assume it will be open to Sun Point come June  20?

Sly
http://www.aol.com.