[cdt-l] New Mexican Border

Francis Tapon ft at francistapon.com
Tue Feb 27 20:18:37 CST 2007

It seems that there are three places to start/end on the New Mexico/Mexico
border.

This is what I'm guessing is the pros/cons, but any other tips/info would be
appreciated.

*	Columbus: Easy to get in and out of, but not so scenic and lots of
road walking.
*	Antelope Wells: Hard to get to, fairly scenic and dirt roads.
*	Big Hatchet: Extremely hard to get to, scenic.

In short, it seems that the better the scenery, the more remote the
starting/ending point is. Am I wrong?

I realize not everyone can agree on what is more beautiful/scenic than
something else, so I'm also looking for general feedback and ideas on the
New Mexican border.

Happy trails,

Francis Tapon

Check out my 2 minute video: http://tinyurl.com/yyzdbo

Learn about my book, Hike Your Own Hike: 7 Life Lessons from Backpacking
Across America, at: http://www.FrancisTapon.com