[cdt-l] New Mexican Border

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 09:54:51 CST 2007

I haven't done either of the bootheel routes, but I've never been under the
impression they were more scenic or had less route walking than the Columbus
route.  On the contrary, I think the opposite is true, along with the
Columbus route having more frequent water sources.  There's also the  guidebook
thing, among other factors.

Sly

 .
 ft at francistapon.com writes:

It seems that there are three  places to start/end on the New Mexico/Mexico
border.
This is what I’m guessing is the  pros/cons, but any other tips/info would be
 appreciated…
    *   Columbus:  Easy to get in and out of, but not so scenic and lots of
road  walking.
    *   Antelope  Wells: Hard to get to, fairly scenic  and dirt roads.
    *   Big  Hatchet: Extremely hard to get to,  scenic.
In short, it seems that the  better the scenery, the more remote the
starting/ending point is. Am I  wrong

http://www.aol.com.