[cdt-l] Northbound or Southbound - Wyoming

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 22:38:06 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/3/2007 11:23:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jolson at olc.edu writes:

The only  caveat I would have with this is that I find it easier to hike
south -  with the wind - rather than north, into its teeth, while walking
through  the Great Basin.

I don't remember too many very windy days through the basin, if any, but it
was hot.  One time I placed my watch/thermometer/altimeter in the sun as we
rested under a tarp for shade.  In less then 5 minutes the face was  black.  In
a few minutes it cooled down and said 137*  Of course it  wasn't that hot,
but still....

Another thing to consider in 05 when i hiked the JMT south, the sun always
seemed to be in my eyes.  Anyone else find that a problem?

Sly