[cdt-l] Northbound or Southbound - Wyoming

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:43:14 CST 2007

We heard a lot about the Wyoming wind, but didn't encounter it on either of
our hikes.  On our first hike we had our worst winds in Colorado - once at
Ranger Peak, once near Bowen Lake and again just north of Cumbres Pass.  The
latter two forced a change of route when we were blown off our feet and
thought it would be wise to get off the ridgeline.

This year we had one bad windstorm/dust storm in New Mexico just south of
Cuba, but the rest of the time the winds weren't that bad.  And most of the
time when it was windy, the wind was at our back.  We saw lots of dust
devils but only one that reached us, and it wasn't a big one.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/