[cdt-l] hiking the Animas Range

Walter Cobbs walter.cobbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:41:36 CST 2007

Dick Bird, Sly, Marcia, Liz, Jonathan--
Thanks all.
You have more than answered my question with just the sort of info I was
wondering about.  My interest came about because (1) it is the Continental
Divide, ambiguous although this may be because of the blind basin valleys on
either side (2) the Conservancy website and others describe it a sky island
paradise of Mexican and endemic species.  Given that most of my hiking
experience is along the AT, with a smattering in the Rockies, Sierras, Grand
Canyon and Chiricauhuas, probably I should look at more manageable projects,
or wait until some time I can orgaize it from NM rather than Philadelphia.
Walt