[cdt-l] Average CDT age?

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 22:20:14 CST 2007

28...with a trail birthday...Can't wait to see where I spend it this year.  I actually thought (for just a split second) about holding off hiking the CDT until next year (celebrating my 30th) but I just can't wait that long...taking the summer of 2006 off from long distance hiking was hard enough.  I am sure birthday number 30 will be spent out on a trail too.

  Mags, I think you'd be surprised how many of those 30 somethings were really late 20 somethings or even younger...but as Marcia said...age doesn't really matter out there.
  NITRO

Karen Somers <kborski at yahoo.com> wrote:
  "....The minority are the hikers between 30 and 45
years old, because they're usually busy with their
careers and raising families."

It seemed that the above was true more on the
AT.....then, on the PCT, suddenly there were lots of
thirty-somethings on the trail. A more serious lot?
AT graduates growing older and moving onward? Hmmmm.

Bald Eagle and I will be 35-36 on the CDT. Our
buddies we hope will join us will be 39 and 52. We're
all hopelessly ruined by thru-hiking....all of us quit
perfectly good jobs and abandon comfortable abodes to
be homeless, perpeturally tired and filthy. In one
world, we aren't happy. In the other, we are.....

Although the time raising a family is one activity
that can't be put off too long.

Nocona

"Civilization is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't
want to live there."