[cdt-l] Tent pick for the CDT?

Andrew Rivers funkwithoutjunk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 20:14:01 CST 2007

         Just a couple weeks ago I decided to do it, to hit the CDT
this year with the F-Yeah troop. I can not wait. I wish the best to
everyone on the CDT this year!
     I'm looking into a new tent, wondering what has worked in the
past and what hasnt worked. I myself spent a Summer in CO, and know
what happens in CO at night in the Summer. Its a beautiful thing when
your in a cozy tent, and the rain and thunder pound the ground beneath
you, the lightning lights up the sky. Its amazing.
   But the tent I had in 2003 in CO was a Kelty Clark, which was a
great tent, but I have outgrown it, now that I'm 6'4" its hard to find
a tent thats not too cozy! It was also heavier than I want to carry
now.
    On the PCT last Summer (from Mexico to Tahoe), I carried a heavy
mountain hardware tent. I need something lighter now. Everyone loved
the tarptents on the PCT but how well do they do in the rain?
     Any reccomendations would be great. Thanks much!!! --Shaggy Sticks,