[cdt-l] Glacier NP

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 20:36:03 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/20/2007 9:19:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiritbear2k at hotmail.com writes:

Last  autumn there was a huge fire that started at the camgpround at Red
Eagle  Lake and spread over the next few weeks.  Both campgrounds at the lake

will be closed, even if the trail is open.  That means you will have  to go
from Reynolds Creek to Atlantic Creek in one day.

Which is how far?

That's  if the trail is
open at all.  They probably won't have had a chance  to work on it before the
southbound hikers start the trail in  June.

I realize the area got burnt but is that reason enough to close the  trail?
I haven't heard of the PCT closing sections after fire.  But  then again, I
wasn't paying attention.