[cdt-l] Possible resupply

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 11:49:50 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/22/2007 12:38:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kdpo at pacbell.net writes:

The Copper Mountain PO is now just a bunch of PO boxes. The general  delivery
mail and (I believe) boxes get routed to Frisco PO.

----------------------------------

Yeah, I noticed that.  Bummer, Violet was the best postmaster on the  trail.
(is she still working someplace?)  She opened  for us on  Saturday and let us
mail some stuff out.  We lucked out in Copper  Mountain.  As we were sorting
our boxes, the caretaker asked if we  needed a place to stay and let us use the
conference room above the PO.

_http://gallery.backcountry.net/album18/adg_
(http://gallery.backcountry.net/album18/adg)

Swiss Miss and Luzia were happy!  That's me on the deck, right before  I got
into the hot tub!  It also had men's and women's showers and rest  rooms!  I
liked Copper Mountain!

So, I guess unless Jim Wolf has made a change, northbound hikers will have
to pick up their new guides in Twin Lakes or Leadville and southbouders in
Silverthorne.