[cdt-l] OT- Great Divide Trail

Bruce Dunlavy humblesteps at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:47:39 CST 2007

Jim & Ginny,
Looking forward to seeing you at the PA Ruck in a few days. Happy to share
thoughts of the GDT with you. I started at Waterton on 1st July 2005 and
ended at Kakwa on 10th August. Dustin (guidebook author) met me at
Kananaskis and I also visited him in Canmore after the hike. He was
incredibly helpful and would be a good source for current info. On day one
it was Lindy, Marmot, the Waffleking and myself. I was solo and quite lonely
from Coleman on. The others stopped in Field. Lindy and Marmot went
southbound from Kakwa in 2003 and had to end at Field due to fires. Sharon
also finished at Kakwa on about 15th August 2005. Finding gasline antifreeze
was not a problem. This is one INCREDIBLE walk!
Bruce