[cdt-l] Fw: Gotta Walk! hikers to speak at Pleasanton Library Thursday 1/25, 7pm

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 23 21:51:16 CST 2007

We would enjoy seeing those of you who live in the Bay Area. Every time we do this I hope it is our last presentation!

GottaTalk

"Gotta Walk on the American Discovery Trail"
Ken and Marcia Powers to speak at the Pleasanton Public Library

Thursday, January 25, 2007  7pm

The American Discovery Trail is a coast-to-coast, non-motorized trail stretching 4,900 miles through 13 states. In 2005 Marcia and Ken Powers became the first hikers to complete the entire length of the trail in one continuous hike. During their 7 ½ month hike they averaged over 21 miles per day and took only 4 days off.

Join us to hear about their adventure.  For a sneak peek see their website at http://www.gottawalk.com

Thursday January 25, 2007
Gear Demo 7:00 - 7:30PM

Slideshow    7:30 - 9:00PM

Pleasanton Public Library Meeting Room.

400 Old Bernal Ave., Pleasanton, CA 94566.

The program is free and open to all. No registration required.

For more information, call Penny Johnson, 931-3405.

Penny Johnson

Programs Librarian

Pleasanton Public Library

400 Old Bernal Ave.