[cdt-l] 2007 hikers.... Updates

doug-sue1 doug-sue1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 24 19:45:08 CST 2007

I probably won't be hiking on the CDT this year.  2004 I finished off a bad tendon between Belly River and Lincoln.  Took a whole year to get that problem corrected.  Last year, 2006, I left Yellowstone heading nobo and made it to Adious Lake.  My feet felt like they have been beaten by hammers almost all the way.   I could hardly walk for over a week after leaving the trail.  I was so discouraged when I left the trail at Adious I have hardly been able to think of the CDT until just the last month or so.

I'm one of those who plan to go in 3 or 4 years.   I'm gearing up.  Sort of looking at a section of the Superior Hiking Trail this fall- hopefully 100- 150 miles just to test the feet and a pair of NB shoes.

Right now I"m just gleaming info- pulling my maps together and getting a route planned.  I'm looking for as little road walking in NM as possible when I do start.  So that's why I'm interested in NM starting or ending points. I never count two-tracks as road walking, however.
-Doug