[cdt-l] Portable email question...

jonathan at phlumf.com jonathan at phlumf.com
Fri Jan 26 10:56:22 CST 2007

Ya... that was kind of my point too - sometimes it's good to step back and
re-evaluate what you're doing. Personally, I have mixed feelings about it.
I couldn't even deal with listening to a radio on the trail, I'd rather
just hear the wind or the birds (man, does that sound hokey or what?). I
don't know how people manage to keep focus enough to keep their on-line
journals updated - toward the end of my hikes, it was a struggle to even
write a post card... my mind was just in a different place.

On the other hand, I'm glad people do "stay connected"... I like checking
stuff like "trailjournals", etc. to see what's new - it's a nice 10 minute
diversion when you're stuck in a cubicle all day.

I guess when it comes down to it, everyone should hike their own hike, and
that's what's most important.

-Jonathan