[cdt-l] Portable email question...

Tom Jacoby tomj at tularosa.net
Fri Jan 26 13:25:09 CST 2007

Reminds me of the time a couple of buddies and I hiked/climbed
South Sister in the Oregon Cascades. We carried a portable
2-meter radio rig, spare batteries and an antenna all the way
to the top. We spent an hour calling "CQ, CQ" in vain - no

Thirty feet away, some guy pulls out his cellphone and has a
conversation with his grandma.

Cellphones are everywhere, but thankfully, they don't work
everywhere (yet).

-tom