[cdt-l] Snow Shoes & ice axe

dan kayser yoyodadio at msn.com
Mon Jan 29 13:07:41 CST 2007

First time on this list serve so I don't know what to expect.  I have been
gathering information on thru hiking the CDT in 2009.  I have a few
backpacking trips under my belt but nothing beyond a week.  I am planning to
hike the CT this fall (late August/September).  My is do I need snow shoes
and /or an ice axe?  Are they essential to hiking in the high country?  If
so what is the best way to learn how to use this equipment as I don't have
any experience with this equipment.  Also, if I need them what features do I
need to look for?  Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Dan