[cdt-l] Garmin Geko 301

Lawton Grinter lawtong at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:45:57 CST 2007

Hi All,

"AKHiker" is selling a used once Garmin Geko 301 on BPL's gear swap for $150
(retail is $245).  In my humble opinion this is a really good choice for the
CDT.  And it's a scant 3.4 oz.  If I had to do it over again (I hiked sobo
in 2006) this is the GPS unit I'd carry with me from Canada to Mexico.  And
if I had to do it over again, I'd hike southbound again in a heartbeat . . .
but that's a discussion for another day :-)

The listing is here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/5896/index.html

And info on the Geko 301 is here:

http://www.garmin.com/products/geko301/