[cdt-l] Rawlins

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Sun Jul 22 22:18:32 CDT 2007

On our southbound CDT hike last year we were told that Rawlins was a dump by
a number of people. However, for us, it turned out to be a very pleasant
place to stop.
We walked in on highway #287 on 22nd September. It was raining at about 40
degrees. We got into town at about 2 pm and found an excellent Thai buffet
at Anong's Thai restaurant just north of the PO.
We stayed in a Kabin (as our tent needed repairs) at the KOA on the south
side of town near the Interstate. Very pleasant staff there.
 On the 23rd we awoke to snow on the ground! We found good stores (Pamida,
City Market and Discount Grocery) to resupply at and get some new long
underwear at a store downtown. Also a good Chinese lunch buffet (China
House) on the south side of the main road going east of downtown.
On 24th We had an excellent breakfast buffet at the T & A truck stop on the
south side of the interstate near the KOA before continuing our journey
south.

Alistair