[cdt-l] Google Earth update...

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Sat Jul 28 00:28:28 CDT 2007

I've been playing with the CDT Google Earth file again...

Long story short - I made a bunch of updates to the file - in particular
to the Glacier National Park area - zoom in and you'll see what I mean.
You can read more, and download the file here:

http://www.phlumf.com/travels/cdt/cdtkml.shtml

There are some new screenshots there too. In case you don't have Google
Earth, you can kind-of see what it looks like.

I hope to "do" the rest of the trail at some point, but there nothing
stopping anyone else from doing it either! Google Earth v4.0 (and later)
has a much improved interface for drawing and editing paths, adding
placemarks, etc... basically, it's become a wysiwyg .kml editor GUI.
Adding the USGS topo maps as a layer is a major improvement as well, and
helps you figure out what you're looking at.

Enjoy...

-Jonathan