[cdt-l] maps and guide book

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 14:49:00 CDT 2007

I carry maps in the pocket at the side of my backpack. I can reach round and pull them out on the move and put them back too - without tacking the rucksack off. Lots of packs have mesh sidepockets such as the granite gear vapour trail for example.

  brian

joseph beals <bealsjw at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I am doing some more planning for my hike and want to
get the guidebook, I understand that Jim wolf has a
very good one and that Yogi does as well. Should I
get both? Also should I wait for this years changes to
be published or will it be good enough. I also was
wondering if anyone had a suggestion on an Idea to
carry the maps handily, as I hate pockets I wear
running shorts that have none. I appreciate any
suggestions you all have. -Joe