[cdt-l] CDT trail guide

Duane Younglove merlin at zlink.net
Mon Jun 25 21:41:52 CDT 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 16:25, danandgailsc at aol.com wrote:
> Gutsy and I are excited about beginning our section hike of the CDT next
> month.  We fly from SC to Helena next Saturday, and we will be on the trail
> for only three weeks.
>
> I went to Kinko's and printed the Jonathan Ley maps we need on 11" X 14"
> paper, and we also have the other recommended maps.  We have the Jim Wolf
> trail guide, but the the publishing date for the northern Montana guide is
> 1991, and I'm sure much has changed in the last 16 years.  Is there an
> updated edition?  I received volume 2 today, for Southern Montana and
> Idaho, and it was updated in 2005.
>
> Dan

Dan,

Perhaps we may meet:  I hope to arrive at East Glacier via Amtrak July 4.  I
intend to start walking at Chief Mountain and pack to Yellowstone NP.

If you check Volume 2, Part 1 of the Southern Montana and Idaho Guide you will
find a short supplement to Northern Montana in Appendix A.

Enjoy your hike!

Merlin