[cdt-l] Monarch Crest Trail conditions

Mike DiLorenzo dilorenz at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:21:14 CDT 2007

Hello North Bound 2007 CDT hikers,Can anyone who happens to read email in town tomorrow or the next day comment on how much snow and how wet the Monarch Crest Trail (the CDT from Marshall Pass to Monarch pass, CO) is right now?  Some friends and I were hoping to ride the Monarch Crest trail on Saturday but there are mixed reports of huge swaths of snow.  I tend to think that isn't the case, especially after hiking north facing slopes up to 13,500 or so last Sunday.  Oh, and if anyone needs a ride back to the trail from Salida on Thursday morning...  ASK!!!  That hitch can be completely awful.  I'll be email-able up until Wednesday around 6pm.Thanks in advance!d-low