[cdt-l] Vallecito Valley

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 14:34:53 CDT 2007

..yeah it is awesome.  The valley is between the CT and the CDT.  Some people take a train from Durnago to get to the trail head that eventually takes you there by a use trail.
I took the train to get there a few years ago.

The view from Vestal Lake is also on the Trails Illustrated maps. Awesome place...  On the 4th of July weekend in 2003, my friends and I explored this place. High, unnamed, passes. Alpine lakes.  There are no trails per se (just old miner trails that are not on maps).

This pic says it all: http://tinyurl.com/29bbzn

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com