[cdt-l] CDT Timing

doug-sue1 doug-sue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 3 07:21:52 CST 2007

I always enjoy reading the comments of Jim and Ginny and the rest of you CDT
vets.  I have often thought that the best times to hike the Great Basin and
NM would be as early as possible. Say, do NM in March mid- April then jump
up to Rawlings and do the Great Basin before the temps rise.  And then I'm
completely at a loss what should be done next, continue north into the Winds
or drop back to Rwalings and head south to Cumbres.  Too bad NM and the
Great Basin were in sequence, that would make a fine spring, and then the
mountains for a glorious summer and fall.  Someone laid this trail out
wrong, IMHO. LOL