[cdt-l] To train for or celebrate hiking the CDT

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 12:43:22 CST 2007

spiritbear2k at hotmail.com writes:

The  traditional "Ray Day" for the south San Juans (Cumbres Pass) in a normal

snow year is June 15th.

Best bet for leaving Waterton or Chief Mt  in a normal snow year is the last
week in June....

A  lot of people leave earlier, around June 15, but snow and snow melt
are  likely to be a problem for the first two weeks.

Yeah, that seems to be the norm the past few years with people entering
Colorado or starting at Glacier a week or two in advance as it helps take the
presure off making it either to the end, or out of CO.

>From what I can tell so far, both Glacier and CO are less than normal, but
it would be remiss to think it's going to be easy going for a couple  weeks.

I'm anxious to start June 15th, but will wait it out a few days  if the
weather's not ideal.

Sly
http://www.aol.com.