[cdt-l] Great divide basin Timing

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 08:42:49 CST 2007

doug-sue1 at sbcglobal.net writes:

I never knew this about the Great Basin before.  The  information one picks
up around here is amazing, and most useful!  I  wonder what the average passing
time thru the Basin is?

As northbounders, we went through mid July, during an apparent  heatwave, and
it lived up to it's expectations, hot!  Although flat,  fast and easy, it had
to be the some of the most severe and demanding  hiking of the entire trail.
We'd mostly start before dawn, hike til  1PM, siesta'd under Swiss's ground
cloth til 4 or 5PM and hike again til  dusk.  Still, it was quite beautiful in
it's own way.  Lots of  wildlife and amazing sunrises and sunsets.

Bring your own shade....

_http://gallery.backcountry.net/album25/aas_
(http://gallery.backcountry.net/album25/aas)

Sly