[cdt-l] New Mexican Border

Francis Tapon ft at francistapon.com
Sun Mar 4 12:28:02 CST 2007

Thanks everyone for the info!

I like starting at Antelope Wells because it is the southernmost point in
NM, but I like the idea of doing the official CDTA route through a marked
trail.

So here's a wacky idea and tell me if it is doable:

1. Start in Antelope Wells
2. Hike cross country to the Crazy Cook Monument
3. And then walk north from there.

Would I be walking through private land to do that? Seems like it's possible
according to Ley's maps.

By the way, is there any monument at Crazy Cook? I've never seen a picture
of it.

The SpiritEagle page that Disco mentions has good pics and a map, but it's
not clear if any of the pics are of the "monument."

Happy Trails,

Francis Tapon
Check out my 2 minute video: http://tinyurl.com/yyzdbo
Learn about my book, Hike Your Own Hike: 7 Life Lessons from Backpacking
Across America, at: http://www.FrancisTapon.com