[cdt-l] '08 thruhike

Lawrence Beals lbealsjr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:45:27 CST 2007

Jim,

08 is going to be confusing...Joseph Beals and Lawrence "Bear" Beals
both on the trail... who would have thought it, we might even turn out
to be related which would be even odder

hike safe

Bear (now if Joe's trail name is Bear too it will get very twilight zoneish)

On 3/4/07, Ginny & Jim Owen <spiritbear2k at hotmail.com> wrote:

> joseph beals wrote:
>
> >I have been monitoring this list for a few months now
> >trying to pick up as much as I can to plan my hike.  I
> >now have my window to hike next spring/summer, and
> >have a warm/fuzzy on what I want to do.  I have a few
> >questions for you guys are more familiar.  I want to
> >leave the ice axe and crampons behind, and wanted some
> >input on what I need to watch for to do this.  Ihave
> >the option to go nothbound or southbound, other than
> >the obvious snow factor, what pro's and cons are
> >there?  I'm sure I will conjure up some more along the
> >way, but this is enough for now.  I appreciate any
> >few months.  -Joe
>

> Bear -
> You should only need an ice axe if you start from Glacier too early in a
> high snow year.  It won't do diddly in Colorado.  Nor will crampons.  For
> snow info go here:
> ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/mt.txt
>
> or here:
> ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/co.txt
>
> For pros and cons on direction see (there may be other opinions):
> http://spiriteaglehome.com/cdt northsouth.html
>
> Walk softly,
> Jim

Bear AKA Lawrence Beals
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." -Thoreau
PIG DEAD. SOLDIER ON.