[cdt-l] To train for or celebrate hiking the CDT

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 11:54:55 CDT 2007

In a message dated 3/11/2007 11:50:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ephja at yahoo.com writes:

While I  did encounter a lot of snow between Cumbres & Wolf Creek
andI did post  hole a lot, I wouldn't say I didn't expect that.   When I got
to  Colorado,
based upon information from hikers ahead of me, I did plan for a  longer
section from Cumbres to Wolf Creek.

When did you leave Cumbres Pass?

Even in an admittedly very low snow year (2002) we still had to deal with 2
days of postholing in this section entering the end of May.  After that it
was pretty much clear sailing with only a few hairy or annoying patches along
the way.

Sly
http://www.aol.com.