[cdt-l] How are the bugs for the Nobo on the CDT?

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:55:03 CDT 2007

Southbound in 1999 there were only a few nights that the bugs kept us up all
night, but those nights were really bad.  I also think it depends on the
year.  Ours was a cool year.  We were only dealing with heat and bugs from
July 4 to about August 10.  Last year was quite warm, so the bugs were worse
according to some southbounders we met in August.  A light tent or tarp with
netting really is a good idea.

Also remember, you may get snowed on any month of the year.  Snow in July is
not unusual.  Snow in the Winds in August can also happen.

Ginny