[cdt-l] How are the bugs for the Nobo on the CDT?

William Tarantino wjtara at wm.edu
Tue Mar 20 13:47:17 CDT 2007

Sorry, I probably should have made myself clear as well, I rarely camp before 9:00.  Actually, I think that I waited and camped after 10:00 when I went through Yellowstone, I pushing my day to 50 miles, because I wanted to be in the vicinity of one of the smaller geothermal features' protective fumes.  However, I still would have gone insane without my netting.  Nights on the CDT can be very cold, I do remember that my last night in the winds it was cold enough that the bugs settled down.  But you will be surprised by how warm some of the evenings can be.  I would never consider going anywhere from South Pass city to Anaconda in July without some form of net, its just not worth it, IMHP.  At least bring a bug buvy to help you keep your sanity.

Will