[cdt-l] Hiking the Highline Route????

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 23:41:29 CDT 2007

I know that each year is different...
  any general rule of thumb as to when it would be doable to hike the highline route to start a SOBO CDT hike?  I hiked the Belly River route (chief mountain) last year with a bunch of 2006 thur-hikers and I've been watching postholer.com and comparing the snow levels at this time last year and now and it seems as if there is less snow but I don't know how that really translates to the Highline trail...any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks,
  NITRO