[cdt-l] Hiking the Highline Route????

FJ ephja at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 08:47:32 CDT 2007

I started south from Glacier on June 29 which was 2 weeks after Disco & Co.  The day before when I got my permit neither the Highline route nor Ptarmingan were open.  I think they opened before July 4th but I heard that campsites were still in "winter status."  One ranger told me that meant you needed bear cannisters and had to pack out all waste, including human.  ===> sidewinder