[cdt-l] pepper spray

Mateo Jackson msjack01 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:49:20 CDT 2007

I carried the same counter assault pepper spray as Disco, but instead of
carrying it all the way through to Lander, I started with it and carried it
to Lincoln, MT. From there I shipped it ground mail to Yellowstone. The area
between Lincoln and Yellowstone may or may not have Grizzlys, but while I
saw daily evidence of the griz through most of Glacier and the Bob, I never
saw and signs of them the rest of the way. I felt pretty comfortable sans
bear spray in that stretch. People around Anaconda swore there were grizzlys
in the Anaconda-Pintlers, but most of them were convience store workers who
admitted to never going hiking.

I think its a good idea to have it in norhtern Montana though... if nothing
else, just to look cool and feel good about yourself for shedding pack
weight when you finally do get rid of it.

Cheers,
Pi