[cdt-l] Glacier National Park, SOBO in early July

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Sat May 5 16:31:27 CDT 2007

Gutsy and I plan to begin our SOBO section hike of the CDT the week of July 4, starting at Chief Mt. trailhead and hopefully hiking at least to Rogers Pass.

Does anyone have an update on the Red Eagle campsites?  CDT-L messages posted in January indicated it will be closed.  Any other closings?

Will 30 degree bags be ok?

Is the Ptarmigan tunnel expected to be open by July 5?

We have a Black Diamond Megalight tent and an MSR Hubba Hubba.  If it were your choice, which would you carry?

What about ice axe and crampons?

I know that some listers are already on the trail, but if you have any suggestions, please respond.  Thank you for your comments!  I don't expect to see many of you out there--most SOBO hikers will be in GNP earlier, and NOBO hikers will be there later than us.

Dan