[cdt-l] Colorado Delormes maps

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu May 10 15:16:27 CDT 2007

Most people are referring to the Atlas & Gazetteer. Though, both draw from
the same database... For some reason, the Atlas & Gazetteer seems to be more
readable, and it's already printed (i.e. hard copy).

Actually, the "large" maps on my CD are exports based on the TopoUSA CD
series from DeLorme. I don't know if most people just don't print these out
or what... I do realize they're a bit hard to read, and I might come up with
something better in future revs of the CD (but that won't help you!). In the
meantime, the "large" maps on the CD should at least help you get a "bigger
picture" sense of orientation (i.e. where the nearest towns are, etc), and
if you have a magnifying glass, they could be used to navigate in a pinch!

Some people do just fine without the DeLorme maps at all - it really depends
on you. The DeLorme A&G maps are available at most "hunting & fishing"
stores here in the US, so you can probably pick up what you need when you
get over here, rather than trying to do it from France... plus, you can just
buy what you need en-route then (and also just take a look at them in the
store to decide if you want them). Same goes with  most of the forest
service maps.

-Jonathan