[cdt-l] GNP, week of July 4?

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 23:44:16 CDT 2007

As per the GNP website (and rangers) all reservations submitted by April 15 were put in a lottery and processed in random order.  All reservations received after April 15 are processed after the April 15 ones and in the order they are received.  You can fax your reservations.  Advanced reservations require a fee in addtion to the nightly per person fee for camping.  The advance reservation fee is $30.
  HOpe that helps,
  NITRO

James McCreight <jlmccreight at gmail.com> wrote:
  that's a recipe for a let down.
there is a lottery at the beginning of each season, or at least there used to be, for GNP backcountry spots (2001 was the last year that i was up there).
I would call the park or go to their website and see if that still exists and then send in your reservations asap. I think they used to go by postmark, so ever on in MT had an advantage...

things may have changed however....

  On 5/12/07, danandgailsc at aol.com < danandgailsc at aol.com> wrote:      Are we stupid to begin hiking south through Glacier National Park on July 5?  I am worried that we may not get campsite reservations, but I'm hoping to get workable reservations if we show up at a ranger station when it opens.

  What do you think?

  Dan