[cdt-l] Stoves, shoes and layers

Doug Graybeal doug at graybealarchitects.com
Mon May 14 09:18:29 CDT 2007

We are planning on hiking the CDT in 2008 and are planning ahead. We are interested in through hiker input on stoves.  Esbit tablets are also of interest, which can be mailed by ground. We are also interested in light weight shoes and Go-lite makes a new lightweight non leather shoe which dries quickly. Leather takes longer to dry. Debate is over Gortex verse none waterproof and ease drying shoe.

Last any input on what layers of clothes people found successful would be appreciated.  Light down jacket which is lighter than fleece, etc.  We are planning on poly-pro base layer, second loft or air layer such as Patagonia R Series.

Thank you one and all for your input.

Doug and Peggy.