[cdt-l] Rain gear

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Thu May 17 21:50:20 CDT 2007

Would the Mountain Hardwear Epic rain jacket fall in the same category?

Dan

Someone wrote: "The Sierra Design Peak Bagger is almost identical to the Precip and I ended up sending mine home for EXACTLY the same reason during my AT thru.  The so-called breatheable laminates do a great job of shedding light intermittent rain      ...but get caught in a non-stop multi-day rain situation and they totally soak out.  The outer layer, generally a ripstop nylon doesn't absorb water per-se but during constant downpours the water seems to somehow get trapped in the fiber.  The garments end up getting wet and staying wet and once wet, they weigh a lot more than when dry. . . ."