[cdt-l] frogg toggs

Karen Somers kborski at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 22:40:58 CDT 2007

I have tried Frogg Toggs, and have seen several others
try them.  I found them ineffective and irritating, as
did my two close friends.  However, I met a guy on the
PCT who loved them.

The only rain gear that has ever worked for me is
Goretex -- a Marmot Stormlight and a The North Face
Summit Series jacket (can't remember the name of the
style, something like Mountainlight).  Both of these
jackets were $350-400, but worth every penny.  Kind of
like my Feathered Friends bag....I vowed never to be
cold again, and since I put the money into a really
good bag, I never have.

But it is so very true:  You can have 100 hikers and
100 opinons on what works the best....and all of them
will be right.  All that matters is what works for
you.

Nocona