[cdt-l] Boots in San Juans in May/June

Francis Tapon ftapon at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 02:58:04 CDT 2007

Trey: Although you're going through the San Juans a month after me, I still think lightweight hiking boots will be very useful.

Although the summits/ridges/crests of the San Juans will have little/no snow, the lower elevations will still have a fair amount.

I'm getting snowed on right now.

I'm using this and it's working well and I still have heavy snow in northern CO:

http://www.inov-8.com/Product.html#3400

Those shoes have spikes that grip the ice well. It's a great compromise and would work for the San Juans in June.

Happy trails,

Francis Tapon
http://CDTyoyo.com