[Cdt-l] Yogi's CDT Handbook re: distance between resupply points

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:55:53 CDT 2007

You still need to do your own research on this one.  Only if you are
following Yogi's exact route will your numbers be the same.  In some cases
there are multiple entries to a town (i.e. Lincoln or Steamboat) so your
resupply distances may be very different.  If you choose to follow different
trails, as most CDT hikers do, your mileage may be radically different from
Yogi's.

So you still need to spend some time figuring out YOUR route before you go
and figuring out YOUR probable mileage.  We stress this on our website.

The CDT is not the PCT or the AT with one common route that everyone
follows.  Every hike is unique.  If you trust someone else's mileage without
checking to see whether you may be doing a different route, you could find
yourself being very hungry.  Of course, as we point out on the website - if
you miscalculate, we won't miss any meals.  <g>

Ginny