[cdt-l] CDT-2008

Eric Whte ericshawwhite at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 07:40:54 CDT 2007

Not too many of us are interested in speed records accomplished by support. Why don't you spend the winter reading a few books or talk to Francis Tapon when he finishes his Yo - yo.   Hey what about me

"Horton, David" <dhorton at liberty.edu> wrote:                Hi to all of you on the cdt-l.   I am planning on doing the CDT in the summer of 2008.  I am a ultra runner who lives in Lynchburg, VA.  I have previously set the speed record on the Long Trail, AT, and PCT.   I plan on starting the CDT around June 5-10, 2008 at the Mexican border.  I know that Squeaky set the record of 75 days in 2005 unsupported.   I plan on doing it supported somewhere around 65 days, plus or minus 5 days, depending on the length of the trail.

  I know that you are thinking, how can you set a record on a trail that is not complete or has various routes?  I plan on hiking the official trail as much as possible and not taking any shortcuts.

  How long is the trail if I do it this way??   I hear the CDTA saying it is 3100 miles.   When Squeaky and Flyin Brian did it, they both reported 2700 miles.

  I know I have a lot to learn and I look forward to learning from many of you.

  I love the trails

  In Christ
  David Horton
  The Runner