[cdt-l] CDT-2008

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 07:23:32 CDT 2007

David--

Yeah! (What Jim said.)

And too, what fiddlehead said:
"I think it's a grand goal, but i do believe you will
have to do a lot of research and count on getting lost
 quite a bit.    Possibly you'll have people along who
know the trail and will take you their favorite way.

It's a great trail.   I know that you will get some
flack from folks who don't like doing it fast.  I also
know that you will catch more sunsets and sunrises
then they will and see more wildlife because you will
be out
there when the wildlife is busy.  fiddlehead"

The boys and I did an auto-tour of MT/WY/CO cdt this
year, doing a bunch of pieces here and there,
including a transect of the Winds with Sly. With a
compass secured from bouncing on one side, and maps
secured on the other, this trail would *beg* for
miles-miles-miles to be done.

Hey, ah, if you're looking for some decent training
runs, don't forget the ol' Indiana KT...
Courtney Campbell needed over six and a half hours to
do the 50k -- *surely* you can improve on that....

sloetoe
(200? CDT miles,
evil KT50 RD;
missing yet ANOTHER Gathering